Wednesday 6 April 2016

Sweet Potato Fries

So I have heard a lot about sweet potato fries lately and decided to give them a go. I am not adventurous when it comes to food, I could literally eat the same thing every day of the week. I also tend to eat a lot of pasta based foods, I mean pasta is great but its good to get a bit of variety. There is only so much pasta I can eat! 

I decided to give sweet potato fries a go and they're a new favourite! I love how they are nice and fluffy, almost creamy. They just pack a bit more flavour and a better texture than normal potatoes. And they are actually so easy to make. Trust me, if I can make them, you can make them. I once almost made a fire while boiling an egg. Heres how I make mine...

First you need to wash your potatoes, don't want to be eating dirt. I would use about 3 sweet potatoes for 2 people, this depends on what you're eating with them, the size of the potato and of course...how hungry you are! 
Cut your potatoes up into wedges. I usually do quite thin wedges. Be warned though that sweet potatoes are really hard to cut so you'll need a fairly sharp knife. I always end up jamming my knife into the potato and then not being able to get it out again so a thin knife is probably best!

Put all the wedges in a bowl, add some salt and pepper and olive oil. (or any other oil you fancy) If you're trying to keep them healthy then use less oil, but just make sure there's enough oil to coat all of your wedges. I'm quite generous with the oil because I like mine nice and crispy! Then stir everything around to make sure all the wedges are coated. 
Just tip them on to a baking tray and pop into the oven. I put the oven on about 200°C and leave them in for roughly 30-40 minutes. This is long enough for the middle to be fluffy and the outside to be crispy. You might need to leave them in for longer depending on how you want them but make sure to check them often so they don't burn. That would just be tragic. 


Then all thats left to do is serve and enjoy! I love them with BBQ sauce because thats also got a sweetness to it, the two go really well together. I had some earlier with a Quorn steak and both were delish! Definitely worth giving these a try if you haven't already, they're healthier than potatoes and they count towards your 5 a day! 



xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment